A lot of notices were read out at the May meeting - here's information about each of them. If you want full details (some documents are too big to attach here), please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
1.The BBC want people who would like to take part in a new TV show about changing your life!
2. There's a sustainable gardening day at Denman in September - email them for more information or to apply.
3. Ever wanted to be a cover girl? Now's your chance, especially if you have an interesting story to tell!
4. There's a free event with the PDSA taking place at Denman on Friday 29th July. Places will be allocated via a ballot on Thursday 23rd June. Email email@example.com for more information or to apply.
Other news:Please email LWEWI for full copies of the documents/information sheets mentioned here
1. ORAL HEALTH AND DENTURE CARE AT DENMAN Throughout our life teeth and gums go through many changes and some of us lose our teeth. But that need not impair our enjoyment of food. Join us for a free Denman Day on Friday 1st July to hear about oral health and denture-care, with demonstrations by former Great British Bake Off contestant Holly Bell.
I would be grateful if you would inform your members about this Denman Day. Any members who would like to attend are asked to complete and return the enclosed application form or send us an email with the relevant information. We kindly request that full contact information is provided for all of those entered on to the application form, including individual email addresses. We would like to inform each person who has been allocated a space via email in order to cut down on postage costs. Attendance is free and places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Attendees are asked to arrive from 10.00 am for refreshments in time for a 10.30 am start, a buffet lunch and afternoon tea is also provided. The day will finish at approximately 4pm. We appreciate that this is relatively short notice. Please note that we have to work with the marketing schedule of the company concerned.
2. WI SPORTS WEEK, SEPTEMBER 2016 On behalf of the NFWI Science and Leisure Committee, please find attached the document Autumn-Antics Update.
This document is also available to download from the Sport & Leisure area on the WI Moodle, although we would be grateful if you would cascade this on to WIs and interested members.
Please note, you are not obliged to pursue any of the contacts or organisations given within this document
Do, please, continue to keep us updated with your plans for the week.
With best wishes,
3. PETITION TO SAVE HOME FIRES ON ITV As you have probably heard by now, ITV has decided no to commission a third series of Home Fires. I have never asked the WI a favour before but I am today. Please can you help to spread the word that there is a petition to make the network change its mind and we could really use the support of members if they have enjoyed the series.
Here is the link https://www.change.org/p/itv-itv-must-recommission-homefires?recruiter=5098496&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=share_twitter_responsive